Kristen Flowers Aircheck
Kristen Flowers News Reel
Kristen Flowers Resume
Graduate of Radio/T.V/Film at California State University-Fullerton, specializing in media relations and media communications. Exposure and experience gained with three major media corporations, demonstrating an ability to effectively communicate to media, both written and verbal while providing an organized and detail-oriented work environment.
Work and Internship Experience
CBS Radio Las Vegas, Nevada January 2009-Present
Public Affairs Director
- Produces and hosts the one-hour public affairs show for CBS Las Vegas in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations.
- Books guests, conduct interviews, edits and hosts weekly program that spotlight community issues.
- Hired and trained Associate Producers that assist with the program.
- Keeps organized reports of each guest and show topics and creates monthly FCC reports.
CBS Radio Las Vegas, Nevada January 2007-Present
- Supports the Programming Director and morning air-talent by supplying the news in quarterly hour news reports.
- Collects information from various news sources and writes news stories for broadcast and the “News” section of the KXNT website.
- Serves as the Las Vegas Special Guest reporter for CNN Headline News with Nancy Grace. Appears on-camera on the program to update the nation on special stories happening in the Las Vegas area.
- Has appeared on MSNBC, FOX and CNN
- Serves as the Las Vegas CBS National reporter. Produces, writes and voices short reports for top of the hour broadcasts across the country.
- Gained experience with Audio Vault and Vox Pro.
CBS Radio Las Vegas, Nevada December 2006-Present
- Live on-air responsibilities from 3 to 5 hours on weekends.
- On-site show prep.
- Attend weekly jock meetings
- Production voice over and commercial production
Cherry Creek Radio- Montrose, CO June 2006- January 2007
Director of Marketing and Promotions
On-air Talent/Assistant Programming Director
- Supported the Station Manager and Programming Director by creating a marketing and promotion department for radio cluster in Montrose, CO.
- Created KBNG and KKXK promotions and contests to promote the stations. Gathered prizes through promotional requests and media networking.
- Ran all aspects of station promotions. Hired and trained all promotion assistants.
- Produced “in-house” commercials, wrote promotional on-air copy, and created KBNG music catalog.
- Assisted the stations with live morning and afternoon daily air-shifts. Appeared at remotes, ran board, and appeared at talent requests.
- Gained experience with Saw and Selector.
AirWatch America-Clear Channel, California January 2006-June 2006
On-air Talent and Web Producer
- Collected data from California Highway Patrol and compiled the information into written reports. Updated website with latest traffic reports for public use.
- On-air reports included live and recorded spots for different radio clusters throughout all of California. (KFI, KOST, KBIG, KYSR, KDAY, KGGI, KAVL, KTMS, KTDD, KSPA, KTMQ, KDL, KSGN, KSMA, KTPI, KGET, XTRA, KZXY, KSBR, KIXA, KATJ, etc)
- Gained Experience with Prophet, Adobe Audition and Cool Edit Pro
Clear Channel Radio-KOST/KBIG August 2004-January 2006
- Supported the Director of Marketing and the Marketing and Promotions Manager by running all aspects of the radio stations promotion.
- Secured the promotion through sales and programming staff and met with media representative and clients to ensure future events. Booked talent and coached them through on-air promotions.
- Managed Promotion Assistant crew and assisted them in the field by maintaining security over station equipment, and providing listeners with contest rules and regulations.
- Assisted in writing on-air proposals and media releases. Announced and presented music-performers during concerts in front of large groups of people.
City of Brea, California September 2003-July 2004
Channel 3 News Anchor and Producer- Internship
- Supported the Director of Public Relations by providing a weekly thirty-minute program based on community issues for the City of Brea Community Channel.
- Researched community, conducted interviews with community leaders and wrote news briefs.
- Provided voice overs and on-camera stand-ups and interviews. Edited pieces and completed program under tight deadlines
Academic and Professional Development
Bachelor of Arts-majored in Radio/T.V./Film graduated 2004
Executive Board-Historian, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority
Executive Board-Panhellinic Committee
Order of Omega National Honor Society